Thursday 28 April 2011

My Room!

    My room is one of my favourite places in the whole world. It is fun and interesting, but feels warm and cozy too. My room is full of things that I love, it has my books, my clothes, my posters, my t.v. and everything else I love. The room isn't a large bedroom but it isn't a small one either, it is around average size.



    My furniture is from my favourite place...Ikea! My  bed, dresser and bedside table are all part of the MALM series that I featured in my previous blogs and my book case is in the BILLY collection which I also featured. It has glass on the bottom to keep the dust away from my books but recently I have run out of space on the lower shelves so the books are overflowing on to the upper shelves as well. All of my furniture is a medium brown which I quite like. I think that it adds warmth to the room, unlike black which wouldn't add warmth.



    I have 6 posters in my room all of my favourite things. One of my posters was one that came with one of my favourite book series, one things cool about this poster is that it glows in the dark! Another poster I have is of one of my favourite musicians and actors, Drake! Drake is an amazing signer and rapper and was on one of my favourite t.v. shows, called Degrassi. Two of my other posters are of the t.v. show, The Vampire Diaries. These are two really awesome posters because I love the show, the two male actors are really HOT and the actress on one of the posters was also in Degrassi, and she is Canadian! My last two posters are probably the most special to be because they are autographed and I got to meet the people who autographed them. One of the posters is of this t.v. show that airs on CBC, 18 to Life. It is a Canadian show about two 18 year olds who got married on a whim and it's about their lives after. I was already fans of both of the actors that signed the poster because they were also like many of the other people who grace my walls, on Degrassi. This poster means a lot to me because when I got to meet them at a meet and greet, they were really great people and loved meeting their fans. Every time I see this poster it brings me back to the feeling I got when I met them. My other favourite poster is only the size of a 8.5 by 11 piece of paper so i don't really know if you can consider it a poster but it is something that is on my walls. This "poster" is of the band Down With Webster! They are an amazing band from Toronto that came to Vancouver for a concert in February. I entered a contest, to win tickets for their concert, even though I didn't really like their songs. But I won tickets to the concert and I won a meet and greet with them, so when me and my best friend Brianna went to the meet and greet we got them to sign pictures for us. Like the other poster every time I see it I think of what an amazing time we had at the concert and how much I love their music!







































    Another thing I love about my room is the wall colours, I painted my walls an Orchid Rose and Beach Towel. These colours are variations of pinks and blues. I painted half of the room Orchid Rose and the other half Beach Towel. The reason I painted my room both colours is because I couldn't decide. When I was at Home Depot, I was very drawn to both colours and I couldn't decide so when I was talking to the person who worked there they suggested painting it half and half. I think this really suits me because I am the type of person who can't make up their mind a lot of the time, so having both colours really represents my personality.





    Some of my other favourite features about my room are my t.v. and DVD player. Both of these are very handy if I am sick and I am just going to stay in bed all day, don't feel like getting out of bed or if I feel like watching t.v. before I go to sleep. Another thing in my room that I love is my iPod dock, it is a Sony dock and a couple of years old, but it works as good as new. It is a clock, alarm, radio, iPod dock and an iPod charger. Though I may like my t.v. and my iPod dock, my books are still my favourite thing in my whole room. they each tell a different story, that is beautiful in it's own way.





   My room is my favourite place in my whole house, it is the place I can go if I need a moment alone, to do my homework, to read, to sleep or just to be me. It is the place that I get to make feel like home, and I think I have accomplished that.

No comments:

Post a Comment