Friday 8 April 2011

Dressers

Since I want to continue with the bedroom theme this blog is going to be about dressers. All of these will be from Ikea since they have a wide variety.

The first dresser is the ENGAN, it is designed by Henrik Preutz. It is a brown dresser with dark coloured semi-circle handles. Personally I think that this dresser quite ugly, I don't like the colour of brown, the semi-circle handles and the height of the dresser. The brown is a very boring colour. The handles on the drawers are placed in odd places, who reaches to the top of one drawer to open it and to the bottom on another drawer on the same dresser? I also prefer shorter dressers in most cases, when you have a shorter dresser you can use the top of it so put pictures, jewelery or anything else you desire on it. But if you like this dresser it is $149.00.






The next dresser is the BRIMNES, it is designed by K Hagberg and M Hagberg. It is all white and does not come in any other colour. I also do not like this dresser, it reminds me of a filing cabinet. I think that the handles look like something that belong in the office not in the bedroom. It is said to have deep drawers with a lot of space, so if you have a lot of clothes you may have to deal with this dresser. The one thing I do like about this dresser is that it is short! This dresser costs $99.99.





The third chest of drawers is the HEMNES which is also designed by K Hagberg and M Hagberg. I like this dresser much more than their last one. This one also comes in four different colours, black-brown, blue, grey-brown and white. I quite like this one because it has eight drawers instead of six. Having the four small drawers on the top is  nice for people who have many small items or items that they would like to keep separate from everything else. I do not like the knobs on the drawers though. I think they look old and not nice and clean. This dresser costs $299.00.





 The last dresser is the MALM, it is deigned by IKEA of Sweden. It is a very versatile dresser and is great for people of any age or gender. This dresser is very simple but still sleek and sophisticated. This chest of drawers comes in four different colours, white-stained oak, birch veneer, medium brown and black-brown. It also comes with three drawers or six depending on what you chose. The three drawer dresser costs $99.99.







4 comments:

  1. This blog should be Anything and Everything Ikea! Hehehe. Good post Marliese! You should check out the Nood website/store. There's on on Kingsway next to Oakridge mall and one downtown in Gastown. It's Ikea-ish... Similar prices, similar style but it's a much smaller scale. Maybe 1/10th of the size of Ikea. It might be small but it's got great stuff! Worth chekin out for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is a fan of Scandanavian self-assembled furniture

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this blog, it gives nice variety, and good ideas. I really like your blog in general. The backgroud is really nice, and ties in nicely with your theme:)

    ReplyDelete