Tuesday 12 April 2011

Design Sponge Blog

 
The blog I chose to talk about it called Design Sponge Blog, http://www.designspongeonline.com/. I don't usually follow interior design blogs but I found this one online. It is rated as number one on http://padstyle.com/top-25-interior-design-furniture-blogs/810
so I thought I would check it out. When I looked at it I found many cool posts about interior design. But not all posts are about interior design, some are about other things but are still quite interesting.

Some things on the website aren't really my taste, for example there is a post called "Past & present: twig furniture history" and I really hate twig and wicker furniture.  I think it looks ugly and brittle. But I did really like that the post looked at Twig Furniture from the past and present and compared it. It is interesting to see new and old furniture even if it is not my taste. I also like how they show other options that stick with the twig theme. So if you like twig but you don't want to go crazy with twig furniture you can use twig on a smaller scale.


I also really like how there is multiple pictures for every blog post, so if you are really interested in one post you can look through more pictures that aren't as large as the other pictures. It is also really cool how they have pictures from random people's homes, the people aren't designers but it shows what you can do with a small, old or different style home. This is a photo from the blog.

Another cool thing I saw on their blog is that they took a scene out of a movie and found the furniture from it. The movie they chose was Chinatown. They picked an office scene, found all the furniture and included the prices. My favourite thing about their website is that with most of the blog posts they include a quote usually about interior design or homes from the people they interview about their homes. I think it is a really fun and original idea!

 I really like the way the website is set up. It is really easy to use and find the blog. I also like how they have everything archived by year on the left side of the web page. If you are looking from something from 2006 you can find it by clicking on the link 2006. I also like how often they blog, they create multiple posts just about everyday. I really like this blog and hope you do too.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog Marliese! You've really got the hang of this blogging thang! You're thoughts and ideas are well layed out and it's very complete.

    ReplyDelete