Sunday 3 April 2011

Bookcases!

Since I love to read, I thought that my second post should be about bookcases! Taking care of my books is very important to me and so is the bookcase I keep them on. Once again all of the bookcases I talk about in this blog post will be from Ikea. For this post I am going to rank them in order of my preference starting with the 4th and working my way to the 1st.

My 4th choice is the GREVBÄCK, it is my least favourite out of all of the bookcases. It isn't the most modern style of bookcases but it is still quite nice. The only colour it comes in is a Birch colour. Though personally I prefer a more modern style and darker wood it is still a very nice bookcase. I don't think that personally I would purchase this bookcase but people with a less contemporary sense of style may enjoy it more. This bookcase costs $129.99.


My 3rd pick is the EXPEDIT bookcase. It is a more modern style of bookcase but it just isn't good enough to be my number 1 pick. I'll start with what I like about the bookcase. I really like that there are so many different accessories that you can purchase that would work well with it. You can purchase boxes, wheels, baskets, shelves, inserts with doors and shelf inserts. I also like that it comes in white, birch effect and
black-brown so you have options for the colour. What I really don't like about this bookcase is that it can't hold that many books. The squares are quite small. I also don't like that the outside frame is very thick and that the inner squares are quite thin. In my opinion it looks a little weird but I know people who think it looks nice. This bookcase is a little cheaper then the last for only $79.99







My 2nd choice is the LAVIA bookcase. It is quite modern and original. I really like all the cutouts, they help to make it a little different from everything else you usually see. I also like that the open sides they are just something different. I like that the side frame is a little thicker than the shelves but they aren't overly thick that the shelves look too thin. My favourite thing about this bookcase though is the price, for only $29.99 how can you go wrong?

My 1st place pick is the BILLY bookcase. Though it is very plain, it is still my favourite. One thing I really love about this bookcase is that it has so many accessories, my favourite accessory is doors, they are always making new doors that fit this bookcase. Some are glass with a frame around it, some are frosted glass with different prints and some are just wooden and the same colour of the bookcase. Doors are a really good thing to have on a bookcase because they help to keep the dust away from the books. Other accessories are other attachment pieces to expand the bookcase, a height extension, cabinet lighting, bookends and extra shelves. I also like that it comes in four different colours, Beech Veneer, Birch Veneer, Medium-Brown and Black-Brown. I actually can't find anything I don't like about this bookcase, but I may be a little bit biased because this is the bookcase I have in my room right now! This bookcase is also very affordable at only $99.99.




2 comments:

  1. What a great post! I especially love the part about the doors keeping the books cleaner :) Great observation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would post a Blog about bookcases Marliese. I like it though, it's really detailed and easy to understand!
    -Laura :)

    ReplyDelete