Thursday 19 May 2011

Planet Java Fifties Cafe

Last year when I went to Fort Langley on the Socials 9 field trip, some friends and I walked through town and decided to stop at Planet Java Fifties Cafe. I am a total sucker for anything from the 50's so this is the perfect diner for me.



I really like the interior of this diner, you never run out of things to look at. Though some people may think it is a little busy I do not! I think that it is so cool that they have all of these things from a totally different time period. One of my favourite things in the diner is the table sized juke boxes. They are so fun, interesting and totally 50's. I also like the artwork on the walls, there are cool posters and pictures everywhere. Though this is an interior design blog I am still going to comment on the food. My friends and I ordered milkshakes and hamburgers and they were SO good!





Some differences between residential and restaurant design is that you have to think a lot more about traffic patterns than in residential design. You have to talk to the chef, waitress, hostess and bus people to figure out what traffic pattern would work best for everyone. You also have to consider that the walking space would have to be wider because the staff would be carrying trays. Another thing you have to think about is in case of an emergency how would everyone be able to get out of the restaurant.




This diner is one of my favrourite places to go just because of the cool design. I really love the retro feel of the place, it's like you've been taken back to the 50's.

1 comment:

  1. Have you ben to Sophie's Cosmic Cafe on West 4th?? It's really similar. You'd love it!

    ReplyDelete