Tuesday 10 May 2011

Hotel

My blog is about the Westin Resort and Spa in Whislter. This hotel has nine different types or rooms, all have varying prices, from $159.00 to $739.00 per night. This hotel is classified as a 4.5 star hotel. 


Property Amenities:


  • Bell Service Storage


  • Newspaper daily


  • Business facilities


  • Pets allowed


  • Common laundry facilities for a fee


  • Pool(s) - indoor


  • Concierge desk


  • Pool(s) - outdoor


  • Conference facilities


  • Safety deposit boxes


  • Fitness room - common


  • Sauna


  • Hot tub(s) - indoor


  • Ski-in/ski-out


  • Hot tub(s) - outdoor


  • Slope side


  • Kids club


  • Spa services for a fee


  • Local transportation service


  • Steam room


  • Luggage storage


  • Valet parking for a fee






  • The lobby is beautiful, it has stone, wood and tile on the walls. There is a nice fireplace with an area of chairs set up around it so people can sit by the fire. The red curtains and the cushions really match the wood, stone and tiles. It is nice to have a little bit of colour in the room. I think this lobby is amazing, it really suits Whistler. I also really like the big window on the back wall, it would be great because of the beautiful view. I also really like the lamps on the tables they are really funky and cool. The only thing that I don't really like are the plants. They don't really match the location of the hotel. If I wanted to put plants in the room, I would try and find something that matched the location of the hotel or just put in plain flowers.



    The junior suite is one of the cheaper suites and it either has two queen beds or a single queen bed and a sofa bed making the maximum occupancy four. The room comes with Cable TV, Climate control, Direct dial phones, Fireplace (gas), Full kitchen, Iron/ironing board, Personal Safe, Soaker tub, Sofa bed, Valley view, Voicemail, Windows that open and a Work desk. I think that this room is very nice but the one thing I don't like about it is a lack of colour. If the walls had to be neutral I would add a colourful bed spread, maybe one with a little of green in it to match the tile on the right.












    The next room is the one bedroom suite. This room also has an occupancy of four. It has Cable TV, Climate control, Direct dial phones, Fireplace (gas), Full kitchen, Iron/ironing board, Personal Safe, Separate shower, Soaker tub, Sofa bed, Valley view, Voicemail, Windows that open, Work desk. I think that this room works really well, it has a little bit of colour, neutrals and some cool materials. The only thing I would change about this room is to add more colours, though it has a little I think it could use a little more.










    The last suite is a two bedroom suite. It has a king bed, queen bed and a queen sofa bed, which gives it a maximum occupancy of six. It haCable TV, Climate control, Direct dial phones, Fireplace (gas), Full kitchen, Iron/ironing board, Personal Safe, Separate shower, Soaker tub, Sofa bed, Valley view, Voicemail, Windows that open, Work desk. This room is a little more upscale than the previous two rooms I showed you. Though it doesn't have any colour it is still really nice but once again if I had to change something I would just add more colour. 














    The last thing I am going to show you is the pool. It is BEAUTIFUL! I think that it is really cool because you can swim in an area inside and an area outside. It also has an indoor and an outdoor hot tub which is nice for winter. I love to swim and to have options of where I want to spend time in the pool is really great. This pool is very pretty looking and I wouldn't change anything about it.





    2 comments:

    1. What a great pool! Wouldn't that be such a fun hotel to stay in!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Soaker tub and a pool... Bliss!

      ReplyDelete